16.4.13

Finished: The notorious Simplicity 3688 Trousers

I had this pattern in my stash for a while, but didn't think of using it until the Sew For Victory Sewalong. This pattern was used by a couple of sewalongers and it inspired me of making my own version.

Ik had dit patroon al een tijdje in mijn bezit, maar ik was niet van plan om het patroon snel te gaan gebruiken. Dit veranderde toen ik meedeed aan de Sew For Victory Sewalong. Een aantal deelnemers hadden de broek gemaakt en het inspireerde me om mijn eigen versie te gaan maken.


I'm not really a trousers girl. Most often I wear skirts or dresses. I own a couple of trousers, mainly I use them when I have to work in the garden or in the house. Those I have for more practical reasons. I have one pair of trousers I just love and wear every now and then. I could really use another pair of trousers which I like aesthetically. 

Ik ben niet echt een broekenmeisje. Meestal draag ik rokken of jurken. Ik heb wel een aantal broeken, maar die draag ik voornamelijk als ik in de tuin bezig ben of we aan het klussen zijn in huis. Ik heb een broek die ik echt mooi vind en af en toe draag. Ik kan eigenlijk nog wel een dergelijke broek gebruiken. Een die ik mooi vind en niet alleen handig is. 



I didn't make any alterations except for making the trouser legs a bit longer. I have really tall legs, so I was afraid that the original pattern would be too short for me. I added like 9 cm. I have to say that I'm really glad with this length.

Ik heb niet veel aan het patroon veranderd, behalve dat de broekspijpen zijn verlengd. Ik heb lange benen, dus ik was bang dat de originele lengte bij mij veel te kort zou zijn. Ik heb dus 9 cm toegevoegd. En ik moet zeggen dat ik erg blij ben met deze lengte.


The pattern is soo easy to construct! The descriptions are clear. The only thing I would change is to start with the zipper instead of being sewn in when the construction is far more progressed.

Het patroon is supermakkelijk! De beschrijving is zeer helder. Ik zou in tegenstelling tot het patroon de rits er eerder inzetten. Nu wordt ie erin gezet als de broek al helemaal in elkaar zit. Het is veel gemakkelijker om met de rits te beginnen.


The blouse I'm wearing is also made by me, it's one of my favourite blouses! 
De blouse is ook door mij gemaakt, en het is een van mijn favoriete blouses die ik heb!



I think you're going to see these trousers quite a few times during Me Made May, because they go well with quite a few blouses and cardigans I have!

Ik denk dat je deze broek nog wel een aantal keren gaat zien tijdens Me Made May. De broek kan goed gecombineerd worden met een aantal van mijn blouses en vestjes!

12 comments:

  1. A great outfit. Well done with the trousers they are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm very happy with the result!

      Delete
  2. The second and fourth pictures look like they're from a vintage catalog, you could be a 1940's model in these snaps! :) Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! And lovely to wear to the blouse, an excellent match. I find trousers can be a bit tricky to make, well done on making such a well-fitting pair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Erika! I think this pattern is sublime, because it seems to fit everyone wonderfully!

      Delete
  4. Those are beautiful trousers. I'm glad they went together so easily!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks amazing on you! For a "not trousers" girl you wear them beautifully :)
    By the way, I think your blog is wonderful and have nominated you for a Liebster award. If you like, you can answer the questions I've left on mine and then pass the award on to 10 bloggers you enjoy also. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for nominating me! I'm really flattered!

      Delete
  6. I absolutely much echo Danielle's comment, for a self-professed non-trouser gal, you look show-stoppingly awesome in these (you have great legs - I wish mine looked that good in trousers, too).

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I saw you a few times wearing trousers on your blog and I think they looked marvelous on you!

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I really appreciate it!