29.5.13

Me Made May round up Week 4

I'm a bit behind, but here is my me made may round up of MMM week 4. Wearing me mades isn't the hardest part, it really is taking pictures. And I don't seem to be the only one! I read people mentioning it in the Flickr pool and on other blogs.  

Ik ben een beetje laat, maar hier is de terugblik op MMM week 4. Het dragen van zelfgemaakte kleding is niet moeilijk, maar het nemen van een foto is lastiger. Blijkbaar ben ik niet de enige. Ik lees het op Flickr en op andere blogs.


 Outfit 1: Me made skirt and blouse. I really like this outfit, although the skirt is a bit thight :(  

Outfit 1: Zelfgemaakt rok en blouse. Ik ben nog steeds erg blij met deze outfit, maar de rok zit een beetje strak :(


Outfit 2: A Wearable muslin. If I should make this dress again I should add some length to the skirt. I prefer my skirts a bit longer.

Outfit 2: Jurkje was oorspronkelijk gemaakt als proefmodel. Als ik deze jurk nog een keer maak zou ik de rok iets verlengen.


Outfit 3: I'm not very sure about this outfit. I was really excited about it when I planned this in my head. But seeing it on photo makes me a bit unsure. The line between 40s and 70s can be so thin. I'm not sure if I'm on the right side. 

Outfit 3: Ik ben niet helemaal zekr van deze outfit. Toen ik de outfit in mijn hoofd samenstelde was ik helemaal enthousiast. Maar als ik de foto bekijk twijfel ik toch een beetje. De lijn tussen jaren 40 en jaren 70 stijl is erg dun en ik weet niet of ik aan de goede zijde zit.


Outfit 4: My Sew for Victory jumper dress styled in a more modern way. I went to the museum this day, so I wanted to wear something comfy.

Outfit 4: Mijn sew for victory overgooier, maar nu wat moderner gestyled. Ik ging naar het museum op deze dag, dus ik wilde iets comfortabels aan.

I haven't anything else to tell about my me made outfits, but I'm so happy to tell you that I  was finally able to change the lay out of my blog. I was so tired of my old lay out. When I started my blog I didn't know how to change the lay out and downloaded a template. I wasn't really satisfied then, but at least it was something. The last months my dissatisfaction grew and tried changing things, but it didn't work out. Somehow the template blocked all the changes in made in Blogger. After hours and hours of trial and error I managed to change the blog. I have to say I'm very happy with the result. If you have any suggestions, please let me know :)

Verder heb ik weinig meer te vertellen over de outfits, maar ik kan jullie wel vertellen dat het me eindelijk is gelukt om de lay out van mij blog aan te passen. Ik was mijn oude lay out zo zat. Toen ik mijn blog begon, wist ik niet hoe ik het uiterlijk van mijn blog kon aanpassen en heb toen een sjabloon gedownload. Ik was toen al niet heel tevreden, maar het was tenminste iets. De laatste maanden was ik het zo zat en probeerde ik dingen aan te passen, maar dat lukte niet. Blijkbaar blokkeerde het sjabloon de wijzigingen die ik in Blogger maakte. Na uren aanklooien is het toch gelukt om een nieuwe lay out te maken. Ik ben blij met het resultaat! Als je nog suggesties hebt, dan hoor ik het graag!

16 comments:

  1. I love all of the outfits of course. Also, the shoes in the last picture are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm very happy with the shoes too, they're oringinal 50s :)

      Delete
  2. So true about the line that some looks can toe between the 30s/40s and 70s, but my immediate response to seeing this lovely trouser ensemble is that it channels a 40s vibe for sure (and looks - as all of these outfits do - fantastic on you).

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I actually took a photo of Lana Turner, you recently posted on Facebook, as inspiration! I love her purple pants and floral blouse!

      Delete
  3. I love the third outfit. I think it's one of my faves. The wide leg trousers looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I'm really impressed with your outfits they look great. The trouser outfit is definately more 40s than 70s x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      At everybody: I feel a bit more confident now about my 3rd look, thank you so much!

      Delete
  5. I absolutely love those shoes in outfit four!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really, really love your first outfit Anthea! Such a great style, cut, and color for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I'm still very happy with those pieces!

      Delete
  7. I'm impressed by the amount of great outfits you are able to crank out:)) I think my favorite is the blouse above. I'd love to see some detailed pictures of some of your great outfits you create:) I give you a lot of credit. These vintage instruction sheets can sure be intimidating:))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I think pattern drafting really helps, because you don't have any instruction sheets and have to think about it yourself. And of course experience helps.

      I'm planning to take detailed pictures of my next sewing project!

      Delete
  8. I love your pants outfit!! I think it definitely has a 40s vibe about it, especially paired with that lovely blouse :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I really appreciate it!