5.6.13

Final round up Me Made May and some reflections

I'm a bit late, but here are me last 3 outfits I wore during the 5th week of Me Made May. 

Ik ben een beetje laat, maar hier zijn mijn laatste 3 outfits die ik heb gedragen tijdens Me Made May.



Outfit 1: Me made circle skirt and petticoat. What can I say? I love circle skirts! They are comfy and flattering. 

Outfit 1: Zelfgemaakt cirkelrok en petticoat. Wat kan ik zeggen? Ik ben gek op cirkelrokken! Ze zitten lekker en zijn flatterend.



Outfit 2: Me made skirt. It's a very simple A-line skirt I made about 3 years ago. It was my first sewing project after quiting sewing for a couple of years. The pattern is self drafted. 

Outfit 2: Zelfgemaakt rok. Het is een simpele A-lijn rok die ik een aantal jaren geleden maakte. Dit was mijn eerste naaiproject nadat ik een aantal jaren was gestopt met kleding maken. Het patroon heb ik zelf getekend.


Outfit 3: I wasn't able to take pictures that day. But I wore my Sew For Victory Blouse and Jumper. I wasn't planning on wearing the jumper again, but the original outfit I planned didn't turned out that great. 

Outfit 3: Het was niet gelukt om foto's te maken. Maar ik heb mijn Sew For Victory blouse en overgooier gedragen. Het was niet de bedoeling de overgooier nog een keer te dragen, maar wat ik eigenlijk wilde dragen was niet zo'n succes.

 _______________________________________________________

During MMM I learned the next things about my wardrobe:

- I wanted to wear at least 3 days selfmade clothes a week and I managed. If I wanted I could have done more, but because of my health lately I decided to do less.

- Last year I sewed lots of seperates. Most of the times I started with a blouse and made a skirt that matches the blouse. The last weeks I tried to make different combinations. And I discovered there are much more possibilities!

- I lack me made jersey tops in my wardrobe. Maybe I should give it a go and sew up a few tops myself. I also want to sew 30s or 40s inspired pyjamas or a lounging outfit for relaxing days at home

- I need to add more belts and accessoires to my wardrobe to really complete my ouftit.

- During may I finished one dress and did some finishing touches on the black suspender skirt and a dress (but I haven't worn it during MMM).

- And of course I also discovered I gained some weight. But hopefully that will change soon. But more about that next week!

Tijdens de afgelopen maand heb ik het volgende geleerd:

- Het was de bedoeling om ten minste 3 dagen per week zelfgemaakte kleding te dragen en dat is gelukt! Het zouden meer dagen kunnen zijn, maar gezien mijn gezondheid heb ik besloten om voor minder dagen te gaan.

- Vorig jaar heb ik veel rokken en blouses gemaakt. Meestal begon ik met een blouse en maakt ik een bijpassende rok erbij. Ik heb geprobeerd om nieuwe combinaties te maken. Ik heb geleerd dat er veel meer mogelijk is!

- Ik heb geen zelfgemaakte tricot topjes. Misschien moet ik daar toch eens mee aan de slag. Ook wil ik graag een op de jaren 30/40 geinspireerde pyjama maken of anders een lounging outfit uit deze periode.

- Ik zou graag meer riemen en andere accessoires willen hebben om een outfit nog meer af te kunnen maken.

- Tijdens de afgelopen maand is het gelukt om 1 jurk af te maken and heb ik de zwarte rok en een jurk kunnen afmaken. De rok heb ik gedragen tijdens MMM, maar de jurk heb ik niet meer kunnen dragen.

- En natuurlijk ben ik erachter gekomen dat ik wat was aangekomen. Maar hopelijk verandert dat snel. Volgende week meer hierover!

Zoe, thank you so much for hosting Me Made May I had so much fun!
Zoe, bedankt voor het organiseren van Me Made May. Het was erg leuk!

If you misssed my other round ups, you can read them here:
Hier zijn mijn andere posts over Me Made May:

5 comments:

  1. Well done on meeting your goals for Me Made May. I love the circle skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That circle skirt is stunning - great job!

    www.mancunianvintage.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am through-the-roof happy to have won, dear Anthea, thank you very, very much for holding this marvelous giveaway. What a special treat to have won these items from you, my sweet online friend.

    Fantastic outfits across the board. The blue ensemble is my very favourte, but I love them all and have really enjoyed this MM series.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I really appreciate it!