18.8.13

Birthday presents

My birthday is on the 28th of june, but this year I didn't feel like celebrating. But I still received some presents :) My boyfriend teamed up with my parents and in laws and bought me a steam generator. This one arrived on the perfect moment, because my old iron just got some problems. 

Eigenlijk ben ik jarig op 28 juni, maar dit jaar heb ik mijn verjaardag niet gevierd. Toch heb ik nog een aantal cadeaus ontvangen :) Mijn vriend, ouders en schoonouders hebben gezamenlijk een stoomgenerator voor mij gekocht. Het apparaat arriveerde op het juiste moment, want mijn oude stoomstrijkijzer begon net kuren te vertonen.
  

So far it works perfect! With this steam generator you don't have to care about the temperature anymore. If a fabric can be ironed you can start right away without changing the temperature. Another advantage is that I don't have to refill the watertank as often because, the volume of the watertank has a maximum of 2.2 liters. 
And, the system turns off automatically, if you haven't used it for some time. I never ironed/pressed so smooth and fast!

Tot nu toe werkt hij perfect! Het fijne is dat je niet telkens de temperatuur hoeft te regelen. Hij strijkt alle strijkbare stoffen zonder dat je iets hoeft aan te passen. Ook zit er een grote watertank bij, waardoor je niet steeds hoeft bij te vullen. En een ander voordeel is dat hij automatisch uitgaat als je hem enige tijd niet gebruikt. Ik heb nog nooit zo snel en makkelijk gestreken!

Love the blue light, very spacey!

And there was a second gift too! I wanted a tailor board for a long time. But they are very expensive in the Netherlands. Luckily, we found one Etsy (US seller) for just a fraction of the Dutch price. Alas, we had to pay the turnover tax. But stil it's way cheaper then when I bought one here.

En er was een tweede cadeau! Ik wilde al heel lang een persplank, maar in Nederland zijn ze heel erg duur. Gelukkig vonden we een op Etsy (Amerika) voor slechts een fractie van prijs. Ook al moesten we omzetbelasting betalen het was nog steeds vele malen goedkoper. 


The tailor board will be of great use when I'm sewing the coats this fall!

De persplank zal waarschijnlijk veel worden gebruikt als ik binnenkort met de jassen aan de slag ga!

 

6 comments:

  1. So, now you have to explain what a tailor board does haha. I'm curious? Is it for ironing? Your new iron is just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's for ironing! It's helpful for curved edges, like sleeve heads. You can also use it for pressing collars ecc.

      Here are some pictures of how to use it:
      http://makesomething.dritz.com/sewing-product-info/tailorboard952/#.UhHCgtLwmSo

      Delete
  2. What wonderful birthday presents! I love gifts like this, that have a sense of practicality to them, but are still far above what you'd usually buy for yourself (which is why I asked, for years, for a KitchenAid stand mixer for Christmas, and finally two years ago my darling husband was able to get me one - and pink, the exact colour I wanted, to boot).

    Enjoy your awesome gifts, dear gal!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love practical gifts like you mention too! Those are things I don't buy myself.

      Delete
  3. Great presents! They are on my list for sometime... specially tailor board. I have only clapper/pintpresser. I hae to check Etsy for it... I know that Nancy's Notions shop offer it. I have to compare prices and shipping prices.
    With these two presents your garments will be even more perfect :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) Good equipment definitely helps you getting better results!

      I've been looking at different places to see where I can get one for the best price including shipping costs. I noticed that the shipping costs varies a lot for bigger items like the tailor board.

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I really appreciate it!