8.9.13

Magriet Brei/Knitting Show 1954

Today when I took a small break from sewing I looked through some of my vintage magazines. I was blown away by this knitting pattern catalog from 1954. I photographed my favourite knits and decided to share them with you! Enjoy!

Vandaag bladerde ik door wat vintage tijdschriften toen ik een kleine pauze nam tijdens het naaien. Ik was helemaal weg van een catalogus uit 1954 voor breipatronen. Ik heb foto's genomen van mijn favoriete ontwerpen.


The cover of the catalog
De voorpagina van de catalogus


Very stylish if you ask me! 
Erg stijlvol als je hetmij vraagt!


I  like this cardigan, it's really something I would knit for myself
Dit vestje vind ik erg leuk, echt iets wat ik voor mezelf zou breien


I love the plaided skirt (right) and the striped sweater of the girl on the left
Ik vind de geblokte rok erg mooi en de gestreepte trui van het meisje links


Love the lacework and the collar
Mooi open breiwerk en kraag


I still don't believe knitted bathing suits are comfortable, but at least they look nice
Ik kan maar niet geloven dat een gebreid badpak comfortabel kan zijn, maar ze zijn wel mooi


Just beautiful!
Zo mooi!


One of my favourites! I love the dots and the little bow
Een van mijn favorieten! Ik ben gek op de polkadots en het kleine strikje


 Love this picture with the market on the background
Mooie foto met de markt op de achtergrond


Just love!
Prachtig!


Shrugs are perfect to wear with dresses like you see on the picture
Bolero's kun je erg goed bij jurken dragen zoals je kunt zien op de foto hierboven

What are your favorites?
Wat zijn jouw favorieten?

12 comments:

  1. These are fabulous patterns, it is very hard to choose a favourite. I like the polka dot one with the bow that is your favourite. I would happily knit the shrug, the lace front short sleeved top the girl in the hat is wearing and the top in the market scene. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great joy turning the pages and see what beautiful pattern wil come up next.

      Delete
  2. Leuk en wat toevallig, ik ben sinds een paar dagen ook helemaal into breien! Die gebreide badpakken zijn inderdaad mooi, maar inderdaad erg oncomfortabel (ik heb er een uit de jaren 30/40)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leuk dat je ook aan het breien bent! Ik ben nu ook weer fanatiek bezig!

      Delete
  3. Gawd, that cardi third from the top is just swoonworthy!! Also like the shrug on the last pic :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cardigan is lovely huh! I think I have a similar pattern in my stash

      Delete
  4. I especially like the knit dress and the lace cardigans.. and the dotted blouse. Heck, I love everything on it! I wish I could get my hands on some of those patterns :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have only the catalog, alas no patterns :( I would great to have the patterns too.

      Delete
  5. These are the kind of images I could look at a 100 times and never tire of. Goodness, are these knits gorgeous! I love the diversity of styles and that in some of them, I can see a clear influence of some of the leading fashion designers of the time. I recently got a vintage copper necklace that looks markedly similar to the necklace the lady in the last photo is wearing. I'd quite figured out how to style it yet, but seeing her pair her similar piece with a knit shrug/bolero had now given me the perfect idea for how to style mine. Thank you so much!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to see you wearing the necklace!

      Delete
  6. I love all of these! I could stare at them for hours!

    I've just started knitting a Miette cardigan and I already want to make another :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Miette is a lovely cardigan! I hope to knit one myself too, but my knitting list is quite long and I'm not really a fast knitter.

      Love to see your Miette when it's finished!

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I really appreciate it!