19.9.13

Some knitting, some sewing and a holiday!

It's been a while since I last wrote about my knitting project. But today I have finally something to show you. I finished knitting the back and front. After blocking the pieces I basted them together to see how it fits and looks.

Het is alweer even geleden dat ik voor het laatst over mijn breiproject heb geschreven. Maar vandaag heb ik dan eindelijk iets wat ik kan laten zien. Ik ben klaar met het breien van het voor- en achterpand. Na het opspannen heb ik de onderdelen even in elkaar geregen om te kijken hoe het eruitziet en past.



Seeing the first results of how something is coming together is the most exciting part of a crafting project if you ask me. 

Ik vind het altijd erg leuk als je op het punt komt dat de eerste resultaten zichtbaar worden. Dat is voor mij wel een van de leukste fases van als je zelf iets maakt. 



I'm always a bit insecure when it comes to knitting projects and their fit. Will it be too big or too small? Was my gauge correct? And did I miscalculate something when adjusting the pattern to my own measurements? When it comes to knitting it takes quite some time before you can fit your garment. But I think more experience will help you estimate the gauge and such more correctly.

Ik ben altijd nog een beetje onzeker als het om breien gaat. Vooral wat betreft of het allemaal gaat passen. Wordt het te groot of te klein? Heb ik een goed proeflapje gemaakt? En heb ik geen fouten gemaakt bij het uitrekenen van het aantal steken die ik voor mij maten nodig heb? Als het om breien gaat duurt het lang voor je echt iets kan aanpassen. Ik denk dat meer ervaring je wel kan helpen om meteen de goede afmetingen en dergelijke te bepalen.



Luckily, it fits pretty good! That is a big relieve! At the moment I'm knitting the sleeves, so I hope I will be able to finish it soon!

Gelukkig past het vest goed! Dat is een grote opluchting! Momenteel ben ik bezig met het breien van de mouwen, dus ik hoop dat het vest snel af is!



On a different note: I won't have enough time to finish my Lutterloh 121 dress in time for the Fall for Cotton challenge. R. and I decided quite spontaneously to go on a holiday and I didn't feel like rushing to sew up the dress before we're leaving. The dress is coming togehter very nicely and I paid lot of attention to all the details. It doesn't feel right to rush to get it ready in time.

Nog even wat anders: Ik heb niet genoeg tijd om de Lutterloh 121 jurk op tijd af te krijgen voor de Fall for Cotton challenge. R. en ik hebben vrij spontaan besloten om op vakantie te gaan dit weekend. En ik wilde niet gaan haasten om alsnog de jurk op tijd af te krijgen. Tot nu toe wordt de jurk erg mooi en heb ik heel zorgvuldig aan alle details gewerkt. Het zou zonde zijn om nu te moeten haasten.



So see you in two weeks!
Tot over 2 weken! 

16 comments:

  1. Your knitting looks lovely so far- I look forward to seeing it finished! I have the same feelings when knitting, as I'm still fairly new to it having only learned a couple of years ago. I'm nearly finished with a jumper and I had to sew up the body just because I couldn't wait to see how it fits. Enjoy your holiday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've been knitting for 2.5 years and I feel particulary insecure about vintage knitting patterns. But I also see with each project I learn :)

      Delete
  2. Your knitting is fabulous! I have knitted a lot, but never tried a vintage pattern. I have seen a couple though, but they are not at all what I am used to, so I haven't had the nerve to try :(

    Too bad abut the FFC dress. It is so gorgeous, and was one of my favorites of all the entries. But I agree, it cannot be rushed!
    Don't know if I will finish in time either...we'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You knitting is fantastic and very beautiful. HazWool

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am really looking forward to seeing you finished dress - it already looks gorgeous! Have a nice vacation (-:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks ladies! See you in two weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both your knitting and your dress are looking simply beautiful, and they look like they'll absolutely lovely on you. You're inspiring me to attempt fair isle patterns!
    Hope you have a wonderful break :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was great! You really should try fair isle patterns, it's so much fun!

      Delete
  7. Your knitting and dress both look amazing! The fair isle is absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cardigan is looking really lovely. The colours look great. Enjoy your holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cardigan seriously looks amazing!! I can only hope I'll have those skills some day!

    Have a great break :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. One of the things that scares me about knitting is just that: there's no way to make a toille to see if it will fit! =) I'm planning on learning knitting, and may test out the "Fit your knits" class on Etsy when I get to the point of tackling a sweater/cardigan.
    The Lutterloh dress looks like a dream, I can already see you wearing it! Good call on not rushing it, what's the point of risking ruining good work just to make a self-imposed deadline?
    Also, I've been off blogland for a long time now, so let me just chime in with the choir: Love your playsuit! So cute, so beautifully made!

    Hope you're having a great vacation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erika! It's good to have you back in the blogging land!

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I really appreciate it!