17.10.13

The joy of putting an outfit together

It took some time, but finally I've been sewing again! Getting back to sewing after a break is quite hard don't you think? Especially when you left your project halfway finished. Or am I the only one?

Het heeft even geduurd, maar het is eindelijk gelukt om weer achter de naaimachine te zitten! De draad (letterlijk en figuurlijk) oppakken na een vakantie is best lastig. Vooral als je middenin een project stopt. Of ben ik de enige die hier last van heeft?



But the end is near! And with the forsight of completing my sewing project soon I started to think about how to put the outfit together. What shoes do I want to wear? What about jewelry? What shall I do with my hair? Not that I'm a very good with hair styling, but still, I think about it. Do I want to wear a hat? I think you know the thing :)

Maar het einde is in zicht! En dat vooruitzicht ben ik inmiddels ook al bezig met het samenstellen van de outfit. Welke schoenen zal ik erbij dragen? Zal ik sieraden dragen? En wat zal ik doen met mijn haar? Niet dat ik zo goed ben met haar, maar toch. Zal ik een hoedje dragen? Je kent het vast wel :)

So I just leave you with a teaser, a picture with some items I want to use for my current sewing project. Next week I hope to show you my finished garment!

Voor nu heb ik een teaser, een foto met de accessoires die ik wil dragen als het naaiproject af is. Volgende week hoop ik het eindresultaat hier te kunnen tonen!

Till then!
Tot dan!

8 comments:

  1. Those are some mighty lovely stockings. I don't think I've ever seen a black bottom stocking before. Your bag is just lovely too. I like these classic style of bags that you can wear with just about everything. Nice to see you back in the groove again:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Joanna! I really love this bag. I have it for some time but the handle broke off. And I was to lazy to fix it. The stockings are new to me. Bear ruined a pair of my more expensive ones and I searched for a cheaper replacement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely accessories, can't wait to see the outfit ;)
    I have been in a massive sewing slump, with multiple unfinished projects. It is so hard to pick them up, and get going again. It takes some serious self discipline :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you manage to start with one or some of your UFO's? I saw them on your blog and they deserve to be finished! Good luck with picking them up!

      Delete
  4. After a break I always end up starting new projects instead of returning to old ones. I know it's bad but I just can't get exciting about half-done projects after they've been sitting around too long. I can't wait to see your finished sewing project. The accessories to go with it are certainly lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After all the time I spent on drafting the pattern, making muslins ecc. I just need to finish it :)

      Delete
  5. I love the act of selecting the accessories for a look as well, it's like going on a treasure hunt in your own closet, as well as putting together a puzzle, searching for just the right pieces to complete a finished product (your ensemble). I often use one or more accessories as the jumping off point for a whole outfit - I've had something as tiny as a pair of earrings spur on the rest of my look. It's tons of fun sometimes to let your accessories guide your fashion choices for the day, just as it is to do the opposite (outfit first, followed by the right accessories).

    ♥ Jessica

    *PS* Thank you very much for the absolutely lovely comment (compliment!) on my 1950s suit outfit post today, honey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always love to see which accesories you're using in your looks! It's very inspiring!

      Delete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I really appreciate it!