10.3.14

Finished: Coat with floral borders

Winter is definitely over, but recently I did finish the coat for my mother in law! Let's say it's just ready for next autumn/winter.


I used a very basic coat pattern, but with adding the borders, the coat is much more interesting.

Source
Oh, the ease of this pattern is ridiculous. If we followed the sizes of the pattern, I would have made a coat which would fitted my mother in law twice. A coat should at least have some shape. 



I made a muslin of another size and it fitted fine. No baggy coats here.  



This was the first time I sewed a coat, and man, it's time consuming. But it's also a great learning experience.



The pictures are taken with a smartphone, so that's why they're a bit blurry.

I hope you like it!

9 comments:

  1. WOW! This coat is amazing, and it looks lovely on your mum. I hope she loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, echt heel erg mooi geworden!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Anthea, the fit looks excellent! I attempted a Burda coat a couple of months ago and it was huge, so I've put it away for a while until I figure out how to re-size it. How many sizes smaller did you go in order to get such a good fit?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so impressive! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It turned out beautiful! I so love that floral border ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks ladies!

    @ Crow Bird. If I remember correctly I went 4(!) sizes down. Good luck with your coat! I hope you can find the right fit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wauw, hij is echt super mooi geworden. Je schoonmoeder treft het maar met jou!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did such a marvelous job, dear Anthea! I love the floral fabric you put to work here. It's breathtakingly gorgeous!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I really appreciate it!