11.3.14

WIP: The American Weekly 3892

Sometimes, you change your sewing schedule, because you're inspired with something else. This was the case with my current sewing project. I was drafting the pattern of a Lutterloh skirt and basting a pleated skirt, when all came suddenly to a hold. What happened? Well, I found the perfect match of a sewing pattern and fabric. I was so enthusiastic that I started with it straight away. 

Source

The fabric is in my stash for almost 10 years. I love the fabric, but I couldn't find a suitable pattern. So it stayed in my fabric stash year after year. This changed when I received my vintage patterns which I bought during a sale. The pattern envelope with a girl wearing the design cought my eye. I saw stripes and 1 + 1 became 2 in an instant.


Normally I use fabric which have soft colors mostly decorated with flowers. But this fabric is quite bold with its big stripes and subtle shininess. I have to get out of my comfort zone if I want to wear this set. I must say this is a bit frightning. But as the set comes together I get more excited about it!

11 comments:

  1. This is going to be fabulous! It is a great match.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely! When I saw the pattern picture, and before I scrolled down to see your photo, I was thinking, "I love the stripes, I hope you're making that version!".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, loving the material and the dress! Yep, it's far too easy to be "waylaid" by a perfect match of fabric and pattern when you find it. Good eye! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeezaloo!!!!!!!!!!!!
    That set is just awesome! If it was my size, I would BEG you to sell it to me ;) Can't wait to see it on you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the fabric and the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks ladies! I hope to finish it soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seriously fantastic!!!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anthea, this is so grand and I just love the contrast in fabric of the stripes. This is going to be amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow! This looks very different from your usual dresses indeed but it's also very pretty! I am looking forward to seeing to finished dress on you (-:

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks again!

    @ Draped in Cloudlets: It's nice to step out of your comfort zone every once in a while :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I really appreciate it!