28.11.14

Oh no, it's my health again!

Health wise, it's been another horrible year so far. If you read my blog for a while now you know I've been struggling quite a lot with my health. 

Source
After the move I kind of collapsed. I didn't have any energy left at all. It was hard enough dealing with the more basic things like cooking, cleaning and so on. I had/ve no energy for blogging or crafting. I know, it's not the first time I write about this topic. 

I tried sewing the 40s slacks, but it just wouldn't work. I couldn't focus, I was too tired. The same goes with  knitting. No focus, no motivation.

Today they finally found (part of) the cause of my tiredness. It seems that I have a very low value of vitamin B12 (pernicious anemia). I feel so relieved, because for years doctors told me my tiredness is related to stress/anxiety. And I believe this has it's influence on my energy level. But I had the feeling there was more going on, because it doesn't matter how much I rest I still feel tired. 

Source
The treatment exists of regular (at first weekly) injections to augment this shortage. I'm scared of needles, but I will cope with it! Today I got my first injection, so hopefully I will start feeling better soon!

And hopefully I will find the joy of crafting and blogging again!


15 comments:

  1. Fingers crossed the vitamin D12 will sort out the tiredness :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fijn dat ze iets gevonden hebben waar wat aan te doen is, Anthea! Ik hoop dat je je nu snel beter zal gaan voelen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope this will give you the energy you need. As we get older, we do absorb less vitamins through food that we did when we were younger. Keeping my fingers crossed this works for you:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you haven't been well but fingers crossed they've got to the bottom of it and now you'll turn into superwoman with lots of energy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ik hoop voor je dat dit dan eindelijk de oplossing is! Ik mis je mooie naai en brei projecten!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck good luck! It's good that you've got a diagnosis now - it's all uphill from now :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's great that you now know what the problem is, and hopefully you will start feeling better soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to hear that at least some things are clearing up for you and hope you'll feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope that you start to feel much better soon. Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah, poor you, I totally understand how you feel. I deeply hope you feel better soon and can go back to normal, especially being crafty again! We had a bad year too, and 2 weeks ago I got the flu. I'm still recovering, but I feel exhausted all the time.

    I send you all my best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you recover soon. I had myself some similar problems but they were due to a different issue. First histamine intolerance and now they think I have some mast cells activation disorder. Just check if you improve after some shots and reconsider. It's such a bummer when our health is not at its best. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh that is rotten, I am sorry to here you have been struggling so much, but I am glad to here you have found some help, I hope you start to feel better very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sweet dear, you have my unending understanding and sympathy. Please rest, rest and rest some more. Just take care of yourself and try not to worry. We all love and are here for you.

    Huge hugs & my deepest wishes that 2015 is kinder to you on the health front,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, I'm a bit overwhelmed! Thank you so much for your nice comments!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I really appreciate it!