29.9.15

Almost Finished...Simplicity 1329

Oh my, it really has been a while since my last blogpost! I've been so busy these last few months. But I tried to sew on a weekly basis. Alas, I wasn't progressing that fast to finish my playsuit before the end of the summer. Well, I'm just not a very quick seamstress. I like taking my time and pay attention to detail. 

But, I'm very close to finishing this three piece playsuit! And I took some pictures while I was sewing which I want to share with you!

Once again, the pictures were made with my smartphone and aren't always very clear. 

Back in July is started with the shorts:
(Somehow I can't remove this space in Blogger)









I often save the hand sewing for the last. This time I wanted to make hand sewn buttenholes, but I saved it for another moment, because at that time I didn't know what buttons to use.

Next up, the top:

Making the ruffled sleeves:

Adding more ruffles:

Sewing the gathered skirt:
More ruffles!

Making bows for the skirt:

Detail of the skirt and bow:

Hand sewing time!
Using snaps as closure for the top. You see the left side seam of the top.

Completed top! I added a bow as a finishing touch :)

Finishing the short:
My second attempt at hand sewn buttonholes. After marking the length and position of the buttonhole I cut through the fabric to create a hole. To prevent the fabric from fraying I use the buttonhole stitch, using sewing thread.

The real buttonhole is made with buttonhole thread and  looks like this:


More buttonholes! 



I only need to finish the last buttonhole and sew the buttons. Then it's finally time to make some outfit pictures!

6 comments:

  1. Oh my! This looks super adorable :) Nice to see you online again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oeh ik ben zó benieuwd om de outfit bij elkaar te zien!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fantastically cute!!! This strikes me as something that I could easily envision everyone from Rita Hayworth in the 40s to Brigitte Bardot in the late 50s/early 60s sporting. It's such a charming, classic set and I'm sure, most importantly, that it's going to look awesome on you, dear gal.

    Big hugs & happy autumn wishes,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, when are you in Berlin - maybe we can meet up for some shopping or flea marketing. Hopefully you're not here in November ... there are two or three weekends without flea market because of some strange bank holidays!!!!
    xx Ms Falcon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm in Berlin from 14 november til the 18th of november. It would be great to meet up!

      Delete
  5. Looking lovely! Bet it will make an amazing finished outfit.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I really appreciate it!