17.1.16

Finally a finished project! :D Simplicty 1329

Hi All!

Finally I can show you something I finished :) Thanks to my sweet boyfriend, who took the pictures. 

2015 was such a hectic year with a lot of changes (not only my hair color ;)) which resulted in neglecting my blog badly. At times I was even thinking about deleting the whole thing. But I just couldn't do that. So new year, new chances, let's just see if I can put some life in this blog again. 

With no further ado, I would like to present you the playsuit I made last summer:



I'm very happy with the result, although it is at some places a bit loose. The last couple of months I lost some weight, but it fitted me perfectly when I finished this project last summer. I used a red/white gingham fabric with small flowers printed all over it.



I used Simplicity 1329 and made view 2. It was a hard choice because I liked the top of view 1 as much as the top of view 2. But I have so many blouses and tops with puffed sleeves, so I wanted to do something different. 



The playsuit consists of a top, skirt and shorts. I love high waisted shorts with a side button closure (which you can see below). 


I decided to make the buttonholes by hand. This was the first time and I'm really happy with how the buttonholes came out! 


You probably won't believe there's snow outside. Not really the perfect weather to wear this outfit. But I'm sure I will have a lot of wear out of it next summer. 


9 comments:

  1. I'm glad you didn't delete your blog! That would be such a shame, you made so many nice things. I like your haircolour, at first I didn't even recognize you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I decided to keep the blog, it would indeed be a shame to delete it.

      Delete
  2. Your outfit is super cute! I'm glad you decided not to delete your blog, I discovered it quite recently and really enjoyed reading through your older posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh thank you! I hope to blog on a more regular basis :)

      Delete
  3. Fabulously cute set! It really doesn't get more summertime perfect than classic red and white gingham like this. Wonderful job on this playset, sweet dear.

    Oodles of hugs,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really cute, you have done such a great job. I like all the ruffles!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I really appreciate it!