26.4.16

Me Made May and just a little update

Hello!

A couple of years ago I participated in Me Made May and I really enjoyed it. This year I want to join again, because the prevous time I experienced I really like to think about how to style my me made pieces to make a nice outfit. I also like the community feel of this challenge because of the Flickr Group. So here we go:

'I,  Anthea (http://anthea-retrovintage.blogspot.nl @AntheaRV, sign up as a participant of Me-Made-May '16. I endeavour to wear at least one me made garment 3 days a week for the duration of May 2016. Repeats are allowed, but the look has to be styled differently.'


So now my coat is finished I started some new sewing projects. First is a peasant blouse which was on my wishlist for quite some time. I have like four skirts in my wardrobe which I don't wear a lot because I don't have a nice top to wear with them. Well this is going to change, because this peasant top (Hollywood 1875) is the answer!I'm making view 3.

Hollywood 1875 Peasant top

Another project I started is making my own vintage lingerie. Well, I'm still in the preparations fase, but it won't  take long before I'm really sewing a pretty bra and some nice panties. I went through my pattern stash to see what I already have and decided it's time to use some patterns from my Lutterloh books. I also went through my fabric stash to see if I have suitable fabrics. Luckily I do have! Ov er the years I thrifted lots and lots of vintage lace so it's finally time to use some of them. 
Because Lutterloh has almost no sewing instructions with their patterns I bought Mrs Depew's E-book about sewing lingerie. I hope this will be a great reference book to make my own vintage lingerie.

Lingerie patterns from Lutterloh (late 40s/ early 50s)
I like to make the panties on the left and the bra on the right picture
I've been knitting and crocheting as well. The 30s Fair Isle Pullover is progressing gradually. I finished the front and back but after a quick fit it appeared the shoulders were too narrow. So I had to frog part of it and now I'm almost done knitting these pieces in the right size. 

1930s Fair Isle Pullover
Before frogging the neck part
When I feel tired I like to change to an easier project. At the moment I'm working on a 40s scarf. It's very easy and think it will be great with my new coat. So far this doesn't look very impressive, but after blocking, this will turn in a thrue beauty.

Source



Lastly, I went to a fleamarket with my boyfriend and found two sewing pattern magazines (pattern sheets included!) from the early 50s for a real bargain. But more about that in another blogpost :)

Record/ Die Elegante Linie Sewing Pattern Magazines


What are your current projects/purchases? And are you participating in Me Made May as well?

Bye!

7 comments:

  1. I love that you have signed up for MMM16, I have too and I am excited to have a go it should be fun and hopefully will help me to see what I could use more of in my wardrobe! What wonderful projects you have in progress that blouse is going to be stunning and your Fair Isle Pullover so pretty! Oh and those magazines were quite a find especially with their original patterns that is really rare! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With Me Made May I like to see if I can combine certain garments in different ways! And I like to see what other people are wearing!

      Th magazines were such a bargain. And they contain so many nice patterns. I have to blog about them some time!

      Delete
  2. I thought about doing the MMM16 but honestly, I don't think I'd keep it up the entire month. I get lazy with my clothes when I'm tired or in a rush and often just grab the same things from my wardrobe. Can't wait to see yours though.
    Wow, you've got so much on the go! I can only concentrate on one thing at a time. I love that you're making some vintage lingerie, it's on my to-do list too. The problem is there are too many pretty dresses, skirts and blouses I want to make too! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, that's why I decided to participate only 3 days a week. I love to do more, but my health is not very good and some days I just wear some comfortable clothes and have to rest a lot. Maybe I need to sew some vintage lounging robes or pajamas ;)

      Most of the times I have one sewing project and one knitting project on the go. I had to travel a lot by train lately, so that was the reason to start a crochet project. And I'm so enthusiastic about the vintage lingerie I already started with some preparations :)

      Delete
  3. Oh, what lovely projects! I think you are brave to join the MMM, I could never pull that off :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I'm only participating 3 days a week. I don't think I have enough energy to do this every day for a month :)

      Delete
  4. Fantastic undertaking and beautiful array of projects. Your classic white blouse reminds me that I need to wear my peasant style ones more often. It's almost funny how I seem to forget about them the moment sunny weather strikes, despite that being their prime season. I have a lovely vintage one from Greece with vibrant embroidery on it that I'd really love to photograph for my blog at long last and hope to finally do so this year.

    Tons of hugs & joyful wishes for May,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I really appreciate it!