31.5.16

Round Up Me Made May Weeks 3, 4 and 5

Wow, this month is going so fast! I can't believe I photographed today my latest Me Made May outfit! So that means, it's time for another round up:


Me made slacks and cardigan. This was my first cardigan I ever knitted. And it's probably the one I wear most.

The skirt and cardigan are made by me. When it comes to knitting I like stranded knitting the most. 

Another oldie. This skirt I made quite some time ago. It's a basic gathered skirt, I still like the fabric and wear it alot during spring and summer.

The jumper and skirt are made by me. I'm more a cardigan person then a jumper/pullover person. But I definitely should knit more jumpers. 

I love big circle skirts, they are so classy and timeless. This one I made about 3 years ago during a sewing weekend.


My first sewn Lutterloh dress from a late 30s pattern book

This is my favourite dress I ever made and is self drafted based on a late 30/ early 40s Lutterloh pattern. The dress was one of the more complicated patterns I had drafted.


My final Me Made May Outfit. This is a self drafted 50s inspired dress.

I discovered that I still like wearing my old pieces a lot. That although I spent tons and tons of time making a garment I still wear it years after i made it :) That means it is totally worth the effort!

As you can see, I don't stick to one era or one style. I like to play around and try different things. I'm not a vintage purist, I like to mix modern with vintage. Sometimes I like to try to be as authentic as possible and other times I just like to wear my sneakers with a 40s dress or slacks. 

I hope you enjoyed seeing my me made outfits :)

6 comments:

  1. Wow, I love the Lutterloh pattern 40s number!! Stunning!!
    Trish www.thevintagepost.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, fantastic round up! I'm completely in love with both of your Lutterloh dresses, I would totally wear both of those. It's been great seeing everyone's makes over the month and I definitely think I'll get involved next year. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your knit wear! You are so talented!
    Jennie from theuglydame.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have made so many nice pieces of clothing! Your knits are lovely ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so incredibly talented, sweet dear. I love (underline that a billion times) the dress that you describe as your favourite that you've ever made yourself. It's truly stunning and is something I'd wear in a heartbeat, too.

    Tons of hugs & happy wishes for June,
    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for leaving a comment! I really appreciate it!